Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner and that means the start of the summer travel season! Whether your family is taking a short trip to get away or you will be driving for multiple days, it is important to have some good, healthy snacks on hand for your car travel.
Here’s a list of some of my favorites:
- Nuts in little baggies. Any kind is good – cashews, pistachios, peanuts, almonds, walnuts. If anyone in your family has a nut allergy, try seeds like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Dried fruit. A super-easy way to keep your fruit portable. Just remember that a serving of dried fruit is far less than fresh. Generally, just 1/4 cup is a serving.
- Healthy bars. Granola and protein bars have widely varying amounts of sugar and additives. It can be hard to choose which one. 2 of my favorites are KIND Bars and Lara Bars.
- Water. Don’t let yourself get dehydrated. Bring some extra bottles of water or seltzer water.
- String Cheese. Bring along a small cooler or insulated lunchbox.
- Yogurt. When you want something sweet, pull one of these out of your cooler instead of pulling over for a candy bar.