Nourish Family Nutrition in Lutherville is now offering group sessions for individuals who have recently been told they are pre-diabetic, and for those recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Learn the basics about diabetes and how you can make choices to help improve your blood sugar. We will cover exercise, food choices, carbohydrates, food labels, healthy sample meals and snacks, and unpack what your A1c test results and home blood sugar readings mean.
Classes are taught by Nourish Dietitian Nutritionist, Jodi Serafin, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE. She is a Certified Diabetes Educator/Registered Dietitian.
This two-part series is perfect for those who’ve ever wondered things like:
- Can I reverse my pre-diabetes or diabetes?
- Is it okay to eat certain foods?
- Are artifical sweeteners safe?
- Will I have to stick my finger or take insulin?
- How much weight do I need to lose to see an improvement in blood sugar?
- What kinds of exercise can I do?
- What should Iook for on food labels?
Class information: Thursday 6/21 and Thursday 6/28, 6-7pm
Location: Nourish Green Spring, 10755 Falls Rd. Suite 200, Lutherville, MD 21093
You must register in advance, no walk-ins! You may register below or call 410-370-0415.
Space is limited!