Welcome to Nourish!
Meet Our Team and Learn About Our Approach
Your Body, Your Well-Being
At Nourish Family Nutrition & Therapy, we don’t lecture, body shame, or give clients generic nutrition plans.
Our caring professionals help each individual achieve and maintain optimal health and a positive body image through collaborative goal setting, tailored, science-based nutrition plans, and other industry best practices.
Our specialized counseling services include: nutrition counseling for overall health; weight management; disease management for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gastrointestinal and digestive disorders, autoimmune diseases, cancer, food allergies, and other medical conditions; eating disorders including anorexia, bulimia, ARFID, binge eating; intuitive eating; sports nutrition; pre- and post-natal nutrition; fertility; children’s counseling for weight, changes in growth curves, food allergies, and picky eating; family counseling for modeling healthy eating and meal planning.
Our team of Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionists have degrees in Nutrition Science and can work with clients in most states throughout the United States. Our psychotherapists can work with clients in Maryland and Georgia.
Why Choose Nourish for your nutrition counseling needs?
- Nourish recognizes that every body is a different body. One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to nutrition counseling. Everyone’s lifestyle and health goals are different. Our dietitian nutritionists will build on your history, goals, and unique challenges to create individualized plans that work for you.
- Nourish’s approach is science-based and sustainable. Tired of bouncing from diet to diet and Googling nutrition advice? Quick fixes aren’t long-term solutions. You’ll achieve and maintain your goals with our personalized, sustainable nutrition plans.
- Nourish is affordable. Nourish accepts most forms of health insurance. Nutrition counseling is a preventive service that is covered by health insurance, usually without a copayment or deductible.
- Nourish is convenient and accessible. Our registered dietitian nutritionists accommodate your schedule with daytime and evening counseling sessions via easy-to-use teleconferencing
- Nourish is an established, growing, and professional nutrition counseling & psychotherapy provider. We started out in 2009 with one dietitian nutritionist. Nourish has grown to a team of more than 20 dietitian nutritionists & psychotherapists nationwide who have the specialized training, expertise, and experience to meet your needs and personality.
Meet Our Dietitian Nutritionists & Therapists
All of the nutrition & therapy team at Nourish have the education and experience to provide a superior level of care to our clients. Here’s what those letters after our names mean:
- RDN: All of the nutrition team are all Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, which means that we have either a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science, in addition to an internship of 1200 hours of supervised practice and passing an examination. We keep current with relevant continuing education every year to maintain our credential.
- LDN: Many states required Registered Dietitian Nutritionists to be licensed. Our RDNs are licensed in multiple states.
- MS: Master’s of Science. Many of our dietitians have an MS in Nutrition
- MCN: Master’s of Clinical Nutrition
- MSPH: Masters of Science in Public Health
- RYT: Registered Yoga Teacher
- CSOWM: Certified Specialist on Obesity and Weight Management
- CNSC: Certified Nutrition Support Clinician
- MSW: Master’s of Social Work
- LCSW-C: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
General / Medical Specialists
Our experienced General/Medical team works with adults for general healthy eating, weight concerns or to treat medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, PCOS and other medical conditions. Several of our dietitians also work with children, teens and families.
Nourish GI specialists work exclusively with individuals with digestive disorders including, but not limited to, IBS, GERD, Crohn’s, UC, colitis, gastritis, chronic diarrhea or constipation, fatty liver, diverticulitis, pancreatitis, FODMAPs, digestive cancers.
Food Peace Team
Our Food Peace team is compassionate, experienced and practice from a non-diet, HAES approach. We help adults and teens overcome eating disorders and disordered eating including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Orthorexia, Binge Eating Disorder. We also work with individuals interested in Intuitive Eating.
Our therapists work with individuals to help them overcome any issues around foo, health and wellbeing.
Our support staff are the friendly voices you hear when you call or email our office. They will help you to find the right dietitian for you, get you schedule, handle all aspects of insurance billing and keep our office running seamlessly.