Today was one of those days when I just didn’t have a plan for dinner. However, I always have some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer and thanks to the beautiful warm weather, my herbs on the back porch are going gangbusters. I decided to combine the herbs with some low-fat cream cheese and Parmesan, pound the chicken breasts thin and make stuffed chicken rolls. They looked fancy and the whole family enjoyed them. I served them with steamed broccoli and some bread. Yum!
Herb Stuffed Chicken RollUps
Makes 8 servings
- 4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 TBSP chopped, fresh herbs, such as basil, thyme, parsley, chives (any combination)or 2-3 tsp dried herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of waxed paper or plastic wrap or in a plastic bag and pound thin with a flat mallet.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients. Place 1/4 of cream cheese mixture on bottom half of each chicken breast and then roll up, starting at the cream cheese end. Secure roll with a toothpick or 2. Place rolls on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush the top of each roll with egg white and pat with Panko crumbs.
- Bake in preheated 375° degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
Per serving: 310 calories, 11g fat, 6g sat fat, 420mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1g dietary fiber,33g protein, 15% calcium